Saturday 25 March 2017

Even more embroidery

Yesterday I chose my fabric and threads for my other major embroidery class - Holey Moley.  Again, I'm a student, not the teacher.


I took my inspiration from the beautiful verigated Stef Francis threads and just picked complimentary colours.  This class starts on 5 April so I'm almost ready to go.  I just need to trace the design onto the fabric now, but I'll do that at Nancy's Stitch Studio because they have a light box.

One of my "no reply blogger" readers asked me to recommend an embroidery book, so I'm showing this Embroidery Stitch Bible that I've had for about 10 years now.  


It shows a lot of stitches, but it gives step by step instructions too, so I find it very helpful.  Here's an example:


Another "no reply blogger" asked if I put backing behind my green fabric for the Textured Floral Extravaganza, and the answer is "Yes". 

If you suspect you might be a no reply blogger, and want to check or fix it, please see this post here. 


I don't have a lot of pretty plants in my garden, but I was very pleased to see this rhodendron flowering. 


And finally, I achieved my goal of completing 25% of A Treasured Time in the first quarter of the year.  This means it might just be finished and framed before Christmas (if I can keep up the pace through out the rest of the year). I'm leaving the backstitching until the very end.


9 comments:

Julie said...

Pretty threads - looking forward to seeing what you create.
Have a lovely weekend.

Schulz Family said...

gorgeous threads. Cant wait to see what you make of them

Linda H said...

Wendy, the treads you have chosen look simply delicious! I LOVE Stef Francis threads, every one is beautiful! Will look forward to seeing your project from the class. A good embroidery book with clear illustrations for the stitches is a wonderful resource to have.
Your rhodo is gorgeous! Love the colours in the blooms.
Congrats on making it to the 1/4 mark on your cross stitch. It is lovely.I have a large Christmas one I'd like done for Christmas too, I should get going on it or it won't see Christmas this year!

Susan said...

Love the threads and the inspiration for them. That looks like a great book! No wonder you are a great stitcher!
Happy sewing!

margaret said...

such a lovely collection of threads you have for your new project wondering what you are going to be doing. Re stitch books wonder if the no reply blogger will see this the website pintangle is excellent and Sharon does a stitch a week just a thought. Xmas picture coming along a treat. Garden looks good too

rosemaryschild said...

Threads are wonderful! Love your stitching! Thank you for sharing, Susan

Linda Fleming said...

Thanks for recommending the Embroidery Stitch Bible. I've found it at my local library! I see there that Betty Barnden also has a great crochet book!

D1-D2 said...

Those colors are dreamy <3

Granny Maud's Girl said...

My embroidery has been neglected, sadly, but I will look for that book in the embroidery guild's library next time I have time to get to a meeting.