Tuesday 18 March 2014

Your Place or Mine? - month 6

I've finished month 6 of the 'Your Place or Mine?' block of the month now. It features some terraced houses, a fishing boat and some row boats.  There's also a lovely big shady tree and some pretty flowers in the gardens.
Your Place or Mine? month 6
I've spent most of the weekend attaching months 3, 4, 5,and 6 to the centre square and putting the border of half square triangles on. The half square triangles required a few adjustments to make them fit. Fortunately all four sides were longer than I needed, so I just did a few extra seams here and there to made the borders shorter.

months 1 to 6 put together
 So, onto month 7 now which contains a lot of flowers and a llama! I'm looking forward to it.

Lots of people have asked where I got this BOM from. It's from Material Obsession in Sydney. Wendy Williams designed this as a block of the month, but sadly the program is currently sold out and closed. They might sell the patterns once the BOM has finished in July.

I'll be linking up with Sew Cute Tuesday at Blossom Heart QuiltsWIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced and Needle N Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation.

19 comments:

seabreezequilts said...

Its looking good, mine is not much further on... I keep getting distracted. I think you will find that MO will run it again if it was a sell out. I am doing (strike that) collecting another of Wendy's BOM this year as well which was run last year for the first time.

Lorraine said...

I can see why this BOM sold out! It is truly stunning Wendy. You must be delighted with it so far.

Shelley @ Cora's Quilts said...

Beautiful work - what an amazing project! The colors are so cheery and bright. Can't wait to see your llama. :)

Wendy said...

it is just amazing!

dq said...

delightful! It makes me smile.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

It just keeps getting better!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Wow! it looks great....Looking forward to seeing more!! Linda

Nilya said...

Wonderful! Like a fairy tale

Karin said...

Beautiful...love those colours.

Heather said...

Wow, that's amazing. Great job.

momiji said...

Lovely--such a happy and intricate WIP!

Andrea @ Mouse in My Pocket said...

This is adorable. I love how bright and cheery it is. That's just what I think we all need after such a long cold winter.

Mardi said...

Love the colorful designs. They are really eye-catching.

Mary Huey said...

Whew, what a lot of detail work -- lovely!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job Wendy! I love Wendy Williams work she is such an amazing designer and lovely person! Thanks for sharing. Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

Linda from Talkinglunchboxquilts.com said...

WOW! What an amazing piece! It is beautiful and very happy!

Paula@TheSassyQuilter said...

Absolutely amazing!!!! Love the way the center is laid out, so dyanamic!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This is a stunning quilt! I love it :)

One Wee Bird said...

I absolutely adore this Wendy you should be so proud....... and I will definitely steal it if given the opportunity, just warning you ;)