Wednesday 26 March 2014

Kaffe Fassett Patchwork Cushions

Here's some patchwork cushions I made from Kaffe Fassett fabrics.

English Paper Pieced Hexagons cushion

I used English paper piecing for the hexagons, and machine piecing for the Dresden Plate below.

Dresden Plate cushion

I didn't really have a pattern for these. I'd seem similar designs on the internet and just made my own patterns to fit my cushions. I hand sewed the patchwork onto the pink backgrounds once they were finished. Here's a close up of the fabrics. They're a couple of years old now, and I don't think they're widely available anymore.



They certainly brighten up my room on dull days!

I'll be linking up with:
Sew Cute Tuesday at Blossom Heart Quilts
WOW at Esther Liu Quilts 
Needle N Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation.




10 comments:

Cindy said...

They are lovely!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your Dresden Plate - so colorful!

Angie in SoCal said...

Your cushions are gorgeous, especially the Hexie one.

Wendy said...

Your cushion is very lovely! I love the hexie cushion best! A great finish.

Denise :) said...

I love his bright, vivid prints! And they work very well with your pillow designs, too!!! :)

Kelly Vetch said...

Oh how pretty! The colors are so bright and inspire joy!

Esther Aliu said...

Great cushions, these prints are so cheerful, I love them!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

the super saturated colors look amazing. I love hexies and dresdens!

Thanks so much for showing this off at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Anonymous said...

These are great! So bright and lovely!

Live a Colorful Life said...

These are really gorgeous. I LOVE Kaffe's fabrics.