Tuesday 1 April 2014

Christmas Ornaments

About six weeks ago I started to make some holiday ornaments using a pattern by Laura J Perin.. You can read my earlier post here.

I've finished the stitching now, and this is what the ornaments currently look like.





Each design is 4.5 inches square on 18 count canvas. I made all of these on one piece of canvas and am now going to cut them out, mount them onto cardboard and turn them into decorations. I'll make a backing from Christmas fabric and put cord around the edges.


These decorations did come out bigger than I had expected, so I decided to make some smaller ones too, measuring just 3 inches square. I mixed and matched the patterns used in the designs above and came up with the follow five smaller ornaments. Please excuse the crinkles in the photos - I didn't want to melt the gold metallic thread with the iron! All will be sorted out when they are mounted onto cardboard.





 Now onto the mounting which might be challenging!
I'll be linking up with:
Sew Cute Tuesday at Blossom Heart Quilts
WOW with Esther
Needle N Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous! I love all of them! Nice work. I cross-stitch and have made Christmas ornaments year-round as well, too. Happy holidays :)

Plum Cox said...

How beautiful! They look like a lot of work to do! Good luck with the mounting.

Lorraine said...

Love the addition of the gold Wendy - they look great so far.